Tuesday 27 March 2012

Other shenanigans of the past few weeks!

Ok so these are a few things I forgot to mention at the time but now I thought I would post them. They are in no particular order, so apologies for the randomness of this post.

So me and some of my friends went on a walk down the river one weekend:



In the words of one person present at the time : 'WILDLIFE!'

Oh so in South Korea they randomly have exercising areas just there for people to use. I have been told in retirement the old people just gather at these outdoor gyms and just work out all day! So we made the most of the equipment available!

  Then of course a traditional park:


On the night we went to this cool bar that only serves beer in these massive glasses!
  At the tables there are individual fridges for your beer:

 I ordered the second smallest beer called 'love'! Who knew you could order love at a bar!

 This is just a random performance in the middles of the street:

This is apparently a birthday cake that they would make when they are in the army, made out of choco-pies. Here it is obligatory for the men to serve two years in the army. They can opt out but have to serve longer as a civil servant, but then they are frowned upon and a little bit outcast.

 One weekend we had a good old fashioned  sleepover with girly movies, online quizzes, nail painting and of course an epic pizza:



  And what is a sleepover without finishing it off with face-masks:

Another random bit of information for you: Koreans sing Auld Lang Syne but for graduation not new year. I actually think that makes more sense as it is about moving on and remembering good times.

Amongst other things I have also gone on the dodgems, visited a Huka bar and been to a games room. They have rooms here for everything! One such place is a place that you go to play board games. They have big squeaky hammers to hit the loser with and also a place where you drop a thin metal plate on the loser's head! Luckily our group did not enforce that tradition otherwise I may have been a bit concussed.

Ok so that is all I can remember for now and I will try to keep more up to date so as to avoid these quick, random posts. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment