Friday 20 January 2012

First week done!

Well, that  was the first week!It was such a whirlwind, I hope I get in to the swing of things. A few things to take away from this week; one of which is a massive gift case of...wait for it...SPAM!!!Yes that is right spam as we know and love it. This weekend is the lunar new year and in celebration a parent bought the English teachers a spam gift box containing nine tins of spam nicely displayed, this box was then put in  a spam gift bag!This is actually a very wealthy gift to recieve and on hearing this I felt very appreciative and touched to recieve my nine tins of spam. The lunar new year means I get two days off next week which I welcome in order to catch my breath, sort myself out and regroup. On this holiday everyone goes to their grandarents houses and bow to them, when they do this they then recieve money as part of their tradition.

Last night I ate at a traditional Korean restaurant where you take your shoes off at the door and sit on the floor, it was really cool!The amount of food and drink that is set down is amazing. We all got this boiling soup with meat on the bone in it, then you get a bowl to put this in and take off the meat. You then put the meat back in the soup bowl and there is a bucket for the bone. It was delicious!

I was amazed yesterday when I walked into school in the rain and when we arrived my friend put his umbrella in this stand that held plastic bags and then he just pulled the brolly through the slot!There you go, your brolly is in a tight-fitting bag so you don't drip water everywhere!!!Amazing!

There are many more things I would like to tell you but when I sit at the computer my mind goes blank!So for today that is all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment